People are quite splendid. I've written a few "aaargh, I'm going freelance, help me!" posts recently, and the subsequent outpouring of wisdom and advice from you lot has been incredible (seriously, anyone contemplating a similar move should check out the comments on this post – invaluable stuff). Another source of constant wisdom is of course twitter. I've just been sifting through my favourites today, and I thought I'd share some of the gems I've collected over the last couple of months:
- @DavidAirey, being as inspiring as usual: "Whatever it is you want to do in the future, start doing it now, even just a little."
- I like this one from @Angry_Drunk: "Some people espouse the Golden Rule, I prefer the Golden Mean: Treat others 1.618 times as well as you would like to be treated."
- This Fred Wilson quote tweeted by @hiutdenim had me nodding: "The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary."
- This from @pieratt reminded me that things I obsessively toil over in my own time aren't always a waste of time: "Spoke with a guy yesterday who pays his rent every month with the money he makes from his two Premium Tumblr themes."
- @johnpavlus made me LOL my teeth out: "Someone called me a "polymath" recently, which to me means "someone who will forever rely on their spouse to provide the health insurance.""
In related news, please welcome the wisest of the wise, @DrBenneworth, to the twolar twystem. Follow her and confuse her with hashtags at once. And no, I'm not going to stop arbitrarily appending tw– onto words. The English language is my playtwing.