- The Norwegian town of Rjukan is cast into darkness for five months of the year, so hey, why not stick a giant mirror on top of a nearby mountain to light it up just a little bit? Sounds insane to me. Amazing and insane.
- Hyphen, en dash, em dash, minus. This should be taught to children the second they enter school. Wars have been fought over less.
- My new favourite tumblr: Designer in Publishing. So many GIFs, so much truth.
- 10 remarkable things about Catwoman. Awful film, but one of the few big screen graphic designer protagonists, so it's kind of important. Sort of.
- The last ten years have been dramatic ones for writers in design. Mike Reed on the role of language, and how attitudes towards writers and writing have been completely transformed.
- Do not, under any circumstances, Google "goblin shark".
- Ever wanted to swim in vinyl? Look at this, I mean, just look at this: extraordinary photos from an abandoned record warehouse.
- Actualy, forget all those other links. They're very nice, but none of them are a cat wearing a shark costume cleaning the kitchen on a Roomba.
, York, UK