Films watched this weekend:
- Amelia and the Angel
- The Fabulous Baker Boys
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Good Night and Good Luck
- Ken Russell can be rather sweet when he wants to be
- Jeff Bridges’ eighties mullet has dated rather well
- Judging by the trailer, the makers of Tron Legacy have lifted a few shots from The Fabulous Baker Boys
- Dave McKean is a significantly better artist than he is a director
- It’s possible for a film to look a bit too nineties
- Mark Herman, director of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, runs a production/training company called Parashoots, just up the road from me in York.
- There are few things on Earth more manly than Burt Reynolds armed with a bow, circa 1972
- The guy who played the charming hillbilly rapist in Deliverance has a website called squeallikeapig.com and will call you on your birthday for $19.95
- George Clooney needs to direct more films
- David Strathairn needs to be in more films
- Patricia Clarkson needs to have more Oscars.