This is Byronic’s fault. I don’t normally go in for all this whole meme business, but it’s Friday and I’m a bit bored. These are the rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose a few of the people you follow to tag. You don’t have to tag the person who tagged you. If you’ve been tagged, its because we want to find out more about you.
- I’m currently deaf in one ear thanks to the combined forces of a transatlantic flight and a sodding cold.
- As a spotty teenager, my more interesting after-school activities included photography, drumming, trampolining, fencing and drinking Hooch.
- My first ever hero was cartoonist Lew Stringer.
- I’ve worked out that if I sell everything that I own, and everything that my girlfriend owns, I still wouldn’t have enough money to buy an Eames Lounger. But I will have one, one day. (Interesting side-note: my dad once saw a discarded Eames Lounger on the side of the road, but didn’t pick it up because he had a lawnmower in the back of his car. True story.)
- I’ve just finished watching the first series of Mad Men and have decided I want a bottle of scotch in my desk drawer.
- When I was a wee boy, I really wanted to be in a wheelchair or be a dustman, or both.
- I have two large jars full of hole-punch holes that I have collected over the years and have no idea why.
- I love chorizo.
- I have a double crown, which means I will always have an infuriating bit of hair that always goes the wrong way.
- I have stood in between Seal and Amanda de Cadenet whilst queuing for pizza on Portobello Road.
- I have a strange synesthetic resonse to paperclips, in that they make me think of beetles, so they scare me a little bit.
- One of my pre-molars is about three times the size it should be.
- I’m really really good at the Playstation game Twisted Metal 2: World Tour, as I’ve been playing it for about twelve years.
- I manage to go through Cons and socks at an astonishing rate. I have vicious feet.
- My first ever albums, bought on my thirteenth birthday, were Achtung Baby by U2, Out Of Time by REM and – this is where it all goes wrong – Up by Right Said Fred.
- I was born next to where Conrad’s Heart Of Darkness begins. Make of that what you will.
So there you go.